Wear brightly colored clothing. Declare yourself by making eye contact with motorists.
How It Works
1. Visit any of these locations during the spring or fall season:
- Student Recreation and Wellness Center (330-672-4REC)
- Kent Student Center (330-672-2554)
- Ice Arena (330-672-RINK)
- Stopher Hall Area Desk (330-672-3600)
- Dunbar Hall Area Desk (330-672-3610)
- Twin Towers Area Desk (330-672-3915)
- Tri Towers Area Desk (330-672-3244)
2. Present your Flashcard to one of our staff members, who will assist you with signing out a bike. Bikes are available daily for free.
3. Before riding, make sure to inspect the bike thoroughly. If you find anything wrong, simply alert our staff member.
4. Enjoy your trip! Remember to wear a helmet and lock the bike when not in use. This equipment is available with your rental.
5. When you're done, return the bike to its point of origin.
Flashfleet bikes are proudly protected by BikeGuard: The Free Bike Registry.
An Award Winning Program
The same laws that apply to motorists apply to cyclists and you should obey all traffic control devices. Use hand signals to indicate stops and turns. Always ride in the furthest right lane, in the same direction as traffic.
Properly locking the bike with the cable lock provided is necessary to avoid theft and vandalism. The cable should be uncoiled and roped through the rear wheel, bike frame and around the bike rack or other fixed object.
Ride in a straight line. Do not swerve in the road or between parked cars. Check for traffic before entering the street or intersection. Anticipate hazards and adjust your position accordingly.
Flashfleet helmets are one size fits all. The helmet should fit snugly, without gaps at the sides and not obstructing your field of vision. Wear the helmet flat on the head, not tilted back at an angle. Make sure the chin strap fits securely and the buckle stays fastened. The straps should be fitted to allow two fingers between the strap and your chin.