International Undergraduate Freshman Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant must review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying. In addition to saving time and paper, students who apply online will also be able to check their application status by using the log in and personal identification number (PIN) established when starting the online application.
- The application is divided into multiple sections to allow you the option of completing the application in one session or in multiple sessions. Click the "Finish Later" button to save portions of the application you have already completed.
- To return to complete the application at a later time, just enter your Login and PIN.
- To check your application status, click the "Check the Status of an Existing Application" button found on this page. Remember you will need your original Login and PIN to securely check your status.
To complete the application process an international undergraduate applicant must submit the following items, to the International Admissions office at:
Office of Global Education
Kent State University
106 Van Campen Hall
625 Loop Rd
Kent, OH 44242 USA
- Application Fee
Submit your $70 nonrefundable application fee by using a credit card or checking account.
- English Proficiency Examination
All applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States must have objective evidence of proficiency in the English language, with the exception of those educated primarily in the following counties:
- Canada except Quebec
- Commonwealth Caribbean, including Belize
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States, except Puerto Rico
Applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents but who have been educated outside the countries listed above are also required to submit such evidence. Applicants who have recently completed three years of full-time study at a secondary institution in the United States OR two years of full-time academic study (64 semester hours) at a post-secondary institution in the United States may be exempted from this requirement, after supporting academic records have been received by the Admissions Office.
Evidence of English language proficiency may be provided by submitting results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), OR the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB).
- To request TOEFL materials, call +1-609/771-7100 or write to:
TOEFL / TSE Publications,
PO Box 6154,
Princeton, NJ, USA
- To request MELAB materials, call +1-313/764-2416 or +1-313/763-3452, or write to:
The English Language Institute, Testing and Certification
3020 North University Building
The University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- All test results must be sent directly from the testing authority.
- TOEFL Score Requirements for Undergraduate Applicants.
- A complete and official record of all institutions attended
If you have attended more than one secondary school, records for each must be submitted. School records must be submitted in their original language and should be accompanied by certified, literal English translations.
- Financial Information Worksheet
All applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States must complete the Financial Information Worksheet for International Students. The worksheet must be accompanied by a current bank statement from the sponsor's financial institution. Send the Financial Information Worksheet form.
- Additional Requirements
Be aware of any special admission requirements for your major.
Thank you for reviewing the undergraduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Please submit your application.